Monday, December 14, 2009

What's in a Homepage?

It was my craze to copy write that took me one day to the website of the world’s perhaps best ad agency Dentsu.
They had just begun operations in India then.
I simply wanted to see what they would say if they see my copies.
(The same craze took me to the office of Maitri at Cochin
They were rocking then with the Mathrubhumi’s ads…
The Thrissur wallah who curses Mathrubhumi weekly and so on…)

The day I visited the Dentsu home page…that sensation…wow!!!
First I thought something had happened to my monitor.
This 8 plus year old Compaq!
How simple a page! You know, the same guys charge millions of dollars to design
a logo or an ad!
Since then, I simply visit that page…just as I spend sometime on a sea shore or so…

Today,
It was after watching a TV clip that I googled my friend Leenn Thobias.
He is doing experiments in 360 degree panoramic still photos.
Google took only 0.18 seconds to list 4300 pages on him.
I had in mind a beautiful frame, perhaps a panoramic still or a triptych photo in the homepage.
But Leenn was too smart…
In some way smarter than the smart brains @ Dentsu.
http://www.dentsu.com/
http://www.leenn.com/

1 comment: